16 Jul Work Opportunities with Tapestry: Garden Designers Wanted
Are you a freelance garden designer? Would you like to work within an innovative new business? We have an interesting work opportunity for you.
Tapestry Design Studios have launched an exciting new garden design business and we need freelance garden designers to help manage the workload.
About the Business
Tapestry Design Studios is an Essex based garden design studio with a great reputation for creating designs that delight landscapers and clients alike. Our website attracts a great deal of traffic. Just like most garden design studios, most of our design commissions involve site visits. However, our new business enterprise takes a different approach.
My Garden Design is a new garden design business working with landscapers who don’t have the time to create their own drawings.
- No site visits! My Garden Design is an online service
- Client communication is via the landscaper – the garden designer will rarely (if ever) need to chat to the garden’s owner
- Landscaper gathers information and uploads it to a secure portal on the MGD website
- A questionnaire ensures that the garden designer has all the information he or she needs to create a beautiful design. Including site survey results, client’s wish list, “before” images and a style guide
- MGD designer uses the information to produce a 2D concept plan using Sketchup
- Design fee is fixed according to the square meterage of the garden
- Add-ons such as 3D design, planting plans, lighting plans may also be requested
- All designs carry the Landscaper’s branding
- Fast turnaround – the final plan is emailed to landscaper within 21 working days from receipt of payment
- Price allows for one minor change to the design
Watch our short video explaining the concept to landscaping customers
Work with us
At the risk of blowing our own trumpets, the Tapestry Design Studios team are great to work with. There’s no room for ego in our organisation and we actively encourage team members to explore their own design styles. Our Director is Paul Baker, a well-known APL member who will be on hand to offer feedback and practical advice if needed.
This is a great opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects from customers based all around the UK. You could be designing an urban back garden in Birmingham one day and a large country garden in Cumbria the next.
You will be working remotely but still very much part of a team.
Judging by the response so far we’re expecting lots of garden design work in the months to come.
Talk to us about work opportunities
If you would like to join the MGD team on a freelance basis, please email the studio with some information about yourself and at least two examples of your work.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you